Senior Data Engineer DescriptionJob #: 82769
EPAM is committed to providing our global team of 61,600+ EPAMers with inspiring careers. EPAMers lead with passion and honesty and think creatively. Our people are the source of our success, and we value collaboration, try always to understand our customers' business, and strive for the highest standards of excellence.
Our client is a global healthcare company based in Switzerland that provides solutions to address the evolving needs of patients worldwide.
Currently, we are looking for a Back-End engineer tasked with ensuring the back-end of BI solutions are created in the most efficient and supportable manner to feed the visualizations of the front-end and ensure business user satisfaction.
- Assessing front-end mock up vs. available data sources and proposing the most efficient way to pre-process and store data to feed into the visualizations
- Work with the front-end engineers to decide where to execute data transformations (back-end or front-end) and develop the solution accordingly
- Create the ETL / Data Pipelines or table structure required to feed the visualizations in the most efficient manner
- Suggesting and implementing industry best-practices related to database design to boost performance and minimize down-time
- Good data modelling skills
- Solid business understanding
- Excellent knowledge of SQL as key way to extract and process data in order to feed into the visualizations
- Deep knowledge of PostgreSQL language peculiarities
- Database modeling skills and good understanding of data structures
- Understanding of commercially available ETL tools, such as Knime, Tableau Prep, Informatica, Azure Data Bricks, Azure Analysis services, Power BI, etc
- Upper-Intermediate level of English, both spoken and written (B2+)
Nice to have
- Amazon Aurora
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Individual career path
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Sick leave and regular vacation
- English classes with certified English teachers
- Flexible work hours