Senior Java Developer - Relocation to Switzerland DescriptionJob #: 82719
Selected by Newsweek as a 2021 and 2022 Most Loved Workplace, EPAM's global multi-disciplinary teams serve customers in more than 50 countries across six continents. As a recognized leader, EPAM is listed among the top 15 companies in Information Technology Services on the Fortune 1000 and ranked four times as the top IT services company on Fortune's 100 Fastest Growing Companies list. EPAM is also listed among Ad Age's top 25 World's Largest Agency Companies for three consecutive years, and Consulting Magazine named EPAM Continuum a top 20 Fastest Growing Firm.
Learn more at www.epam.com and follow EPAM on Twitter and LinkedIn.
We are looking for experienced Java Software Engineers (senior or higher level engineers) to come on board and support our business in Zürich.
Are you excited by enterprise-level software engineering? Do you love to code and get into the details? Are you passionate about software development and striving for simple and elegant solutions for complex problems? Can you communicate efficiently, and influence smoother and safer deliveries? Do you want to be part of an exciting journey?
If you're passionate about Java and the related software engineering ecosystem, and you want to be part of our growth in Switzerland, this could be the perfect opportunity for you to join a leading global tech business known for engineering excellence. We are looking for a person who is willing to be a part of our success in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
Scroll down to read more about the responsibilities and requirements for the Java Software Engineer position.
- Provide technology solutions that will solve business problems and strengthen our position as digital leaders
- Collaborate with the customer and teams in other locations on a daily basis
- Design, plan and deliver sustainable solutions using Java and the related ecosystem
- Help lead our growing team of analysts and engineers to build new applications and develop further existing ones
- Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing requirements and initiatives to support and enhance existing applications
- Conduct code reviews and test software as needed, along with participating in application architecture and design and other phases of SDLC
- See that proper operational controls and procedures are implemented
- Support the production users and investigate issues in production when contacted by L2 support team
- 5 years+ as a Java software engineer/developer
- Expert level of knowledge of Spring Framework, Spring Boot, SOAP & REST Webservices, JPA (Hibernate), SQL, Junit and recent Java versions
- Solid experience with Git, Maven, Jenkins, Jira, Sonar, Tomcat and Linux
- Any cloud (Azure/AWS/GCP/PCF) and container (Docker/Kubernetes/OpenShift) experience is strongly welcome
- Experience in direct customer communications, ability to work onsite is strongly expected
- Ability to work collaboratively with key users and stakeholders
- Ability to work for big enterprises with all their benefits and limitations
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree or equivalent with a focus in computer science or engineering
- Strong written and verbal communication, fluent English language skills are a must-have
- Good work-life balance
- Knowledge-sharing across EPAM's global Tech Communities
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Knowledge-sharing across EPAM's Global Tech Communities
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning Solutions
- Attractive relocation package as per EPAM relocation policies
- Remote work options
- Free German classes
- Online training course libraries (Linkedin, O'Reilly, getAbstract), mentoring, career development and reimbursement of relevant certifications
- Opportunity to share your ideas on international platforms and communities
- Possibility to relocate to any EPAM location
- EPAM Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) (subject to certain eligibility requirements)
- Please note that any offers will be subject to appropriate background checks
- We do not accept CVs from recruiting or staffing agencies
- For this position, we are able to consider applications from the following:
- Swiss nationals
- EU/EFTA nationals
- Third-country nationals based in Switzerland with an appropriate work permit
- Displaced people from Ukraine who are currently in Switzerland and hold, or have already applied