Senior Cloud Systems Architect (AWS) DescriptionJob #: 62059
In Hungary currently 1400+ IT Engineers help the world’s leading companies imagine, design, engineer and deliver software that changes the world. We are in the heartbeat of EPAM, running a large scale of projects and technologies – which provides long-term international career path, travelling and even relocation opportunities for our colleagues.
We believe that the team you build is the company you build. Our offices are digital laboratories. Our clients are major global brands. We’re always looking for talented teammates. Think you’ve got what it takes?
Are you an industry visionary and technologist at heart with a passion for designing complex Cloud solutions? Are you able to guide and advise business and IT teams on the technical and organisational challenges of Cloud transformation? Do you have strong soft skills, solid stakeholder management and technology governance experience? Do you want to transform businesses, so they are able to operate and grow successfully in the cloud-first world?
Then you have an opportunity to join as a Senior Cloud Systems Architect to work with highly skilled and engaged teams across the globe to build AWS Cloud solutions.
- Work closely with business in identifying solution requirements and key case-studies/scenarios for the future solution
- Enable AWS cloud journey, analyze TCO and create a business case, make the Cloud dream become reality
- Design and prototype AWS infrastructure, create infrastructure and security architecture document covering deep technical aspects of the implementation
- Create a unified strategy for AWS cloud transformation governance, automation, security, implementation and operations
- Analyze existing application and IT services portfolios, develop assets’ migration, transformation and automation roadmap
- Conduct AWS infrastructure architecture review/audit and create review/audit report
- Lead implementation of the solution from establishing project requirements and goals to solution "go-live"
- Oversee the AWS system engineering efforts and provide technical help as needed
- Day-to-day lead the client through the technical and organizational challenges of Cloud transformation
- Participate in the full cycle of pre-sale activities, including RFP processing, proposal development and direct communications with potential clients
- Maintain a strong understanding of industry trends and best practices
- Create thought leadership on AWS solutions and hybrid clouds
- Serve as an AWS evangelist, consult and provide technical guidance on AWS solutions design, build, governance, security, operations and cost control best practices
- Multi-tier distributed architecture experience within IT consulting, IT operations, application development or support which includes migrating, architecting, operating on premises and cloud-based solutions, or experience transforming legacy IT solutions, and working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Experience architecting, designing, migrating workloads to the public cloud
- Depth in various migration techniques such as rehost, refactor, re-architect, re-platform, repurchase, etc
- Deep expertise in public and private cloud hybrid architecture, networking and connectivity. Fluency with design of deployment, configuration management automation (CI/CD), security automation (SAST/DAST), IT operations automation (AIOps) for different workload’s types
- Experience with highly scalable, performant and mission critical architectures; cloud migration approaches and tools
- Avid technologist, with deep expertise in modern cloud architecture and history of successful implementation of complex AWS solution
- Deep understanding of cloud design patterns, cloud operations and cloud cost models with hands-on ability to implement best practices or suggest improvements
- Ability to suggest competitive and innovative technical decisions, get client buy-in and deliver on commitments
- Strong communication skills, ability to present technical ideas in business-friendly language
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- AWS certifications are expected
- Dynamic, entrepreneurial, high speed, high growth corporate environment
- Diverse multicultural, multi-functional, and multilingual work environment
- Opportunities for personal and career growth in a progressive industry
- Global scope, international projects
- Widespread training and development opportunities
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Competitive salary and various benefits
- Sport and social teams support, recreation area, advanced CSR programs