Engineering Manager DescriptionJob #: 83160
Selected by Newsweek as a 2021 and 2022 Most Loved Workplace, EPAM's global multi-disciplinary teams serve customers in more than 50 countries across six continents. As a recognized leader, EPAM is listed among the top 15 companies in Information Technology Services on the Fortune 1000 and ranked four times as the top IT services company on Fortune's 100 Fastest Growing Companies list. EPAM is also listed among Ad Age's top 25 World's Largest Agency Companies for three consecutive years, and Consulting Magazine named EPAM Continuum a top 20 Fastest Growing Firm.
Learn more at www.epam.com and follow EPAM on Twitter and LinkedIn.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager for Data & Cloud (Data Delivery Manager) to join our team in Austria.
The role is to ensure end-to-end successful delivery for complex programs, projects, or multiple workstreams in the Data domain. The Data Delivery Manager is accountable for the overall project delivery, client satisfaction, and management of expectations while ensuring that the work is on strategy, on time, and within budget.
To play a key role building strong business / technology relationships, taking a hands-on approach to define and deliver embodying and driving a culture of continuous improvement.
Learn more about our Data Practice here.
- Own end-to-end solution delivery on the assigned account(s)
- Assure governance of processes in delivery management and production as per selected delivery model
- For the top management and client - act as a single point of responsibility over any delivery related matters, including escalations, upsell, ramp-downs, etc
- Take responsibility over resources needed for delivery - assure sound skills and seniority staffing according to the delivery roadmap
- Be accountable for the technical leadership regarding the delivery. Ensuring a sound and future-proof architecture is planned and the implementation meets the technical quality standards
- Coordinate between multiple disciplines, stakeholders
- Establish and manage long-term partnerships with the client(s)
- Address client(s) issues and identify and manage engagement risks
- Coordinate the preparation of customer proposals and statements of work
- Ensure that projects are delivered in line with EPAM processes and methodologies; Well versed in different delivery models, with focus on agile approaches
- Make sure that the customer executes their responsibilities on the engagements
- Build up delivery plan along with estimations on timeframes, quality and quantity of resources required to successfully deliver projects
- Establish a strategy of continuous delivery risk management that enables proactive decisions and actions throughout the delivery life cycle
- Measure and improve delivery productivity
- Support sales activities; participate in bid process, provide technical and management expertise to win bids
- Help mentoring and coaching other delivery managers
- Actively contribute in EPAM-wide delivery management community
- Contribute to the growth and day-to-day management of the local Data Practice
- At least 5 years of IT experience, and at least 2 years of leadership experience (Team Lead / Architect / Project manager / Program manager / Delivery manager / Software Engineering Manager)
- Strong, proven experience in software and/or data engineering with ability to deliver sustainable solutions. Can read and comprehend code and architecture of a full stack technical solution. Able to dive deep into problem areas, including the code and provide support for the delivery to resolve those problems
- Practical experience in delivering projects in Data and Analytics, Big Data, Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence. Familiar with relevant technological solutions, industry best practices
- Good understanding of data engineering challenges and proven experience with data platform engineering (batch and streaming, ingestion, storage, processing, management, integration, consumption)
- At least 3 years of experience in gathering and understanding customer business requirements
- Willingness to get familiar with some Big Data technology stacks (e.g. Hadoop, Yarn, HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, Spark, Kafka, etc.), as the projects require
- Willingness to gain experience with the data services of one or more leading cloud providers (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Experience with data warehousing, engineering and visualization tools, technologies
- Good understanding of classical analytics methods; including relevant theories
- Good understanding of various delivery approaches, well versed in agile
- Understanding data related security challenges
- High degree of comfort to present both to large or small audiences
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects in a fast-moving environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types
- Clear, concise communication skills and good command of written and spoken English and German
- We believe that the greatest strength of the company is its people. EPAM is fully committed to help its employees to reach their full potential and achieve their professional goals through continues learning. With this in mind, we would like to introduce to you few of the many opportunities and services which we believe will help you expand your current knowledge
- Full access to cutting-edge tools and technologies
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Wide range of professional trainings and workshops, English classes
- Certification opportunities in the Data and Analytics domain
- Relocation opportunities
- Continuous experience exchange with experts and professionals worldwide
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule, team buildings and sport opportunities
- Opportunities for self-realization