Senior Solution Architect (Life Science) DescriptionJob #: 83004
Selected by Newsweek as a 2021 and 2022 Most Loved Workplace, EPAM's global multi-disciplinary teams serve customers in more than 50 countries across six continents. As a recognized leader, EPAM is listed among the top 15 companies in Information Technology Services on the Fortune 1000 and ranked four times as the top IT services company on Fortune's 100 Fastest Growing Companies list. EPAM is also listed among Ad Age's top 25 World's Largest Agency Companies for three consecutive years, and Consulting Magazine named EPAM Continuum a top 20 Fastest Growing Firm.
Learn more at www.epam.com and follow EPAM on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Are you an avid technologist who enjoys solving complex architectural and technical consulting challenges whilst driving digital solutions?
Are you hungry to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment as part of a rapidly expanding and very successful global engineering company?
If so, then EPAM is looking for a hands-on Senior Solution Architects with Life Sciences industry experience to strengthen our Solution Architecture & Technology Consulting unit which sits with our Global Delivery Organisation in London as we continue to rapidly expand in 2022!
These are great opportunities to work in a fast paced environment with EPAM’s senior strategic technical leaders, our European Architects/Engineers and those from our client accounts supporting them navigate in a rapidly developing technology landscape.
The role requires a strong background in technology consulting, solution/technical architecture and software development, building deep client relationship and stakeholder management resulting in new wins and increased footprint in strategic accounts.
Our Solution Architects must have the ability to engage in opening discussions, identify issues, and communicate solutions. You will take on a broad spectrum of responsibility with exposure to some big customer players in the market.
WITHIN THIS UNIT WE ARE
- Providing guidance and support through the complexity of solution architecture options and the long-term roadmap for solutions
- Finding the right balance between innovation, technical feasibility, long term sustainability
- Creating and presenting proof-of-concepts whenever required
- Providing pre-sales pursuits with technology consultancy
- Creating and presenting architecture proposals
- Liaison with delivery managers, business analysts, and development teams
- Carrying out technical audits and design reviews
- Evaluating new technologies, monitor hardware and software trends
- Participating in internal and external conferences
- Working with EPAM tech and business leaderships teams across Europe
- Proven experience acting as a hands-on Solution Architect with a strong foundation in Software Engineering. We are flexible on the technology stack and programming language
- Experience in Life Sciences industry is essential
- Strong understanding and experience of Cloud eco-systems like: Microsoft Azure, AWS or GCP
- Hands-on applications development background including a good understanding of Enterprise systems, Digital Technology including Cloud, Mobility, Data Analytics, User Interfaces, Microservices, Serverless, and Decentralised Systems
- Ability to manage and lead teams of experts and share solution architecture methodologies
- Ability to demonstrate full commitment to providing exceptional customer care and service in all activities
- Strong leadership skills to work comfortably with senior colleagues, up to and including C-level
- Previous experience in a customer-facing role
- Experience in Machine Learning is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills
Nice to have
- At least one of the following
- Experience of development in regulated environments for life sciences (e.g. the development lifecycle of medicines or medical devices) and the impact on key architecture processes and reference architectures
- Experience of integration with Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) clinical trial platforms leading vendors (e.g. Medidata, Veeva, Oracle, Parexel)
- Experience of health care provider platforms (hospital, GP, laboratory) and common interoperability standards (e.g. HL7, DICOM, XDS)
- Experience of big data in biopharma and Med Tech and implementation of FAIR data principles
- Client-side experience of architecture transformation for large biopharma or Med Tech companies, for CROs or CRMOs or for suppliers of consumables/reagents would all be welcome, as would experience working in or for the NHS
- A broad domain knowledge of the LS/HC sector is welcome, especially if it is combined with deep knowledge of one or more therapeutic areas (e.g. anticancer, anti-infectives, neurological)
- We offer a range of benefits including
- A competitive group pension plan, life assurance and income protection
- Private medical insurance, private dental care and critical illness cover
- Cycle scheme Tech scheme and season ticket loan
- Employee assistance program
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- EPAM Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) (subject to certain eligibility requirements)
- Various perks such as Gym discount, Friday lunch, on-site massage and regular social events
- Some of these benefits may be available only after you have passed your probationary period