Delivery Manager DescriptionJob #: 74941
Through its innovative strategy; integrated advisory, consulting, and design capabilities; and unique ‘Engineering DNA,’ EPAM’s globally deployed hybrid teams help make the future real for clients and communities around the world by powering better enterprise, education and health platforms that connect people, optimize experiences, and improve people’s lives. In 2021, EPAM was added to the S&P 500 and included among the list of Forbes Global 2000 companies.
Selected by Newsweek as a 2021 Most Loved Workplace, EPAM’s global multi-disciplinary teams serve customers in more than 45 countries across five continents. As a recognized leader, EPAM is listed among the top 15 companies in Information Technology Services on the Fortune 1000 and ranked as the top IT services company on Fortune’s 100 Fastest-Growing Companies list for the last three consecutive years. EPAM is also listed among Ad Age’s top 25 World’s Largest Agency Companies for three consecutive years, and Consulting Magazine named EPAM Continuum a top 20 Fastest-Growing Firm.
Seize the amazing opportunity to develop a long-lasting technology-oriented management career, while remaining focused on delivering world class solutions to a wide range of clients associated with multiple domains and verticals. Join our Delivery Management practice and become part of EPAM’s team in Stockholm.
As a Delivery Manager at EPAM you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and constantly improving delivery practices, team cooperation and its development while ensuring the game plan alignment. You will also have a chance to cooperate with in-market internal competency centers and practices like Cloud, Big Data or Digital Engagement to leverage your capabilities and to maximize the value provided to the client.
Staying close to the client you will become a trusted partner who per understanding their needs, challenges, and opportunities would be in position to tailor proper solutions using cutting edge technology stack when working with best-in-class talents across the globe.
This role presents an opportunity to contribute to our Global Delivery Organization that is constantly extending its scope of interest streamlining internal processes, adapting new skillsets and industry standards, and exploring exciting opportunities for our staff members by kicking-off multi-discipline initiatives impacting a piece of the world we live in.
We’re looking for a motivated individual who could bring ideas, maturity, and expertise to the team as we would love to learn from your story, welcoming you to our Delivery Management community where we put a lot of attention to Engineering and Operational Excellence principles that are driving career advancement.
- Delivery Management:
- Take end-to-end accountability for delivery and its results
- Participate in preparation of solution proposals and statements of work
- Design architecture of modern IT systems from scratch and oversee its implementation
- Provide technical guidance and oversight for teams under your supervision
- Ensure that proper software development processes and engineering standards are in place
- Project Management:
- Establish a long-term partnership with your clients and manage their expectations
- Assure governance of processes in delivery management and production as per selected engagement model
- Act as a focal point over any delivery related matter
- Implement, track and report criteria concerning deliverability, performance, maintenance, design, and cost
- Look after metrics, deliverables, team is moving on, team ceremonies
- Resource Management:
- Bring talented people to EPAM and to the project you are overseeing
- Manage project assignment for individuals being a part of your organization
- Conduct performance appraisals and compensation reviews within your talent pool
- Perform knowledge management across the organization, define skills/ technologies to be learned and request respective trainings
- Pursue motivational actions and coach/ verify how the same is performed by team leaders from your organization
- Solid background and hands-on experience in each stage of SDLC
- Experience in design and implementation of scalable systems based on cloud, microservices, API implementation
- Understanding and practical implementation of Engineering Excellence principles: OOP, SOLID, TDD, BDD, CI/ CD etc
- Proficiency in discussing and analyzing abstract concepts heavily rooted in technology challenges
- Rich grasp of technical landscape across technology stacks
- In-depth understanding of Agile and/or Lean concepts
- Experience in running and improving defined engineering processes with data-driven delivery concepts
- Experience in setting up teams and projects associated with software engineering practices
- Leading and managing reasonably sized teams and individuals
- Ability to develop trust-based cooperation and synergy from teamwork
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- English B2+
Nice to have
- Ability to work with geographically distributed teams
- Experience in removing impediments
- Ability to prioritize work to be done
- Perseverance in continuous improvement
- Ability to make difficult, pragmatic decisions where time is the essence
- Readiness to jump into a delivery taking a certain role to help to mitigate a challenge
- Can-do attitude and attention to detail
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Opportunity to work on leading edge platforms, working in a fast-paced, agile, software engineering culture
- Knowledge-sharing with colleagues from EPAM's global tech communities
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Regular performance feedback and salary reviews
- Opportunities for professional growth
- EPAM Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) (subject to certain eligibility requirements)
- Some of these benefits may be available only after you have passed your probationary period