Embedded Linux Engineer DescriptionJob #: 74541
No less important is the safety, well-being and experience of our applicants. Therefore, until further notice, all EPAM employment interviews will be conducted remotely. Our recruitment professionals and hiring managers are standing by to ensure a robust and engaging virtual candidate experience. We look forward to speaking with you!
Our client is the #1 player in the United States in the field of set top boxes and sound bars. As an embedded linux developer, you will be responsible for improving the code and the general app architecture of Linux based media playback devices.
The position is based in Dallas, TX and ideally the candidate is willing to relocate there.
- Improve the existing codebase, find and analyse errors and bug reports
- Execute large scale refactors
- Create firmware update packages
- Support internal software, product, and QA teams
- Assess third party and open source software
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of platform resources
- Embedded Linux experience is a must. Having extra XP with RTOS or barebone based embedded development is a big plus. The work is done on service/middleware level, no UI or kernel level experience is required
- General knowledge of multimedia: audio formats and mixing, video formats / colorspaces, basics on media encoding, streaming, etc
- HDMI and related XP is not necessary, but a very big plus. If the candidate does not have these - the company can help acquiring the knowledge after onboarding
- Dynamic, entrepreneurial, high speed, high growth corporate environment
- Diverse multicultural, multi-functional, and multilingual work environment
- Opportunities for personal and career growth in a progressive industry
- Global scope, international projects
- Widespread training and development opportunities
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Competitive salary and various benefits
- Sport and social teams support, recreation area, advanced CSR programs