Director, Project Management (Delivery Head) DescriptionJob #: 71148
The ideal candidate will have a breadth of experience, 10 years plus in delivering digital solutions for global organizations. The right person will have an excellent mix of technical, delivery and line management knowledge, able to handle key decision makers and take the role of trusted advisor with a portfolio of local accounts.
The role is to lead the EPAM delivery organization in the location, from client portfolio and local line management perspective.
This role will be accountable for the successful growth of the delivery organization, managing groups of engineers, and working with the local account teams to set up, staff, and execute projects for our clients.
You will be working with globally renowned and award-wining design, development and technology teams who are passionate about what they do and how they do it.
To play a key role building strong business / technology relationships, taking a ‘hands on’ approach to define and deliver, embodying and driving a culture of continuous improvement.
- Senior Resource Manager for the location, working with a group of Resource Managers and Resource Team Leads:
- Manage Compensation process, Promotion and Compensation campaigns
- Collaborate with Country Head on policies, salary bands, location specific concerns
- Maintain a healthy location P&L for the delivery organization
- Support growth by closely working with the Talent Acquisition team to recruit new talent
- Engage local Delivery staff, organizing, hosting events, maintaining direct communication
- Support Junior intake through EPAM’s bootcamps, Academy educational programs
- Project Supervision for the portfolio of client projects in the location:
- Act as Supervisor or Coordinator on portfolio of projects, reviewing health status and tackle issues as they arise on projects
- Act as primary person to handle escalations
- Work with Delivery Managers, Program Managers in Location to ensure successful project delivery
- Support staffing, onboarding for Global EPAM and APAC projects brought into the location
- Providing coaching, mentoring and development support to drive up delivery capability across the department
- Experience in building delivery teams and solutions. Proven experience in driving scalable enterprise initiatives
- Line management experience for 50+ people teams
- Significant agile practitioner experience, able to define and implement agile processes in complex customer and stakeholder environments and significant experience of delivering agile projects at scale
- Experience with presales, contracting & management under multiple commercial models including T&M, FP and managed output / outcome
- Experience in building and leading geographically distributed delivery teams, including experience in working with customer’s distributed team and defining right target operating model
- Excellent communication, presentation, and planning skills are necessary, experience with working with nearshore teams preferable
- Expected to have exceptional organization, leadership, and stakeholder management skills
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, MBA or equivalent business experience preferred
Nice to have
- Experience as Delivery person in a vendor organization
- Financial services digital experience would be a plus
- Hands-on previous experience in software development
- Friendly team and enjoyable working environment
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule
- Online training library, mentoring, career development and potential partial grant of certification
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Referral bonuses
- Compensation for sick leave and paid time off
- Opportunities for self-realization