Senior / Lead Site Reliability Engineer DescriptionJob #: 65982
We are looking for an experienced Senior / Lead Site Reliability Engineerfor our Vietnam office to make the team stronger.
With over twenty five years’ experience in crafting market leading software, our business has been rapidly evolving and is now a global player in solving business challenges and developing tailor-made cutting edge solutions.
These challenges require a dynamic and highly skilled workforce imagining, designing, engineering, and delivering software, through to business consulting services & customer experiences, which are changing the world around us.
Our high-functioning Business and System Operations Support Team takes responsibility for production availability of both custom built applications and 3rd party solutions. You job is to ensure these applications are running smoothly and perform optimally. You will provide proactive maintenance and monitoring, consulting with development teams on how to ensure applications are deployed correctly, but also be ready to react quickly when software malfunctions or becomes unresponsive.
You will be working alongside globally renowned and award-winning design, development and technology teams who are passionate about what they do and how they do it.
We always hire for a career in EPAM, but the initial client for this hire is a leading UK based Hedge Fund with clear growth aspirations and a challenging delivery agenda.
Value the individuals – We encourage and motivate people to grow. We perceive our people as a source of our success;
Strive for excellence – We strive for the highest standards of excellence and continuously learn. We take pride in our engineering and accomplishments;
Act as a team – We treat one another with respect and encourage the best ideas to come from anywhere within the organization. We value our diversity;
Focus on Customers – We build long term customer relationships, as we strive to always understand our customers' business and needs;
Act with integrity – We operate legally, honestly and ethically. We take responsibility for our actions.
- Take responsibility for production support and problem resolution of the Quant/Enterprise Technology systems during core business hours
- Be responsible for the readiness and effective operation of both production and development environments, including running routine maintenance on file, data store and job control systems
- Participate in an overnight support via a rota
- Investigate complex issues of production delivery, run the root cause analysis, establish a solution and push it through required steps necessary in order to deliver
- Identify and manage risks, flagging major issues early and escalating incidents as required
- Drive results, productivity, quality and value for the client, respecting their deadlines and objectives but also being an honest, realistic and committed partner to them
- Deploy releases into production
- Play a proactive role in proposing technologies, tools & approaches
- Suggest innovative solutions to business problems/processes that leverage technology to provide marketing differentiation, efficiency improvements, and better user experiences
- Minimum of 5yrs of similar experience
- Extensive technical application support background with varied hands-on experience of supporting and releasing technical solutions for clients, preferably in a Microsoft environment
- Strong MS SQL knowledge with the ability to interrogate data stores and investigate the resulting data set
- RDBMS optimization skills would be a plus
- Strong PowerShell or similar scripting experience
- Ability to read and debug C# at a basic level is highly desirable
- Knowledge of OOP language is a plus
- Wide and inquisitive interest in Windows and general technology and ability to turn your hand to many different technical problems
- Good experience working with RESTful services, SQL databases, AMQP
- Be familiar with JIRA, BitBucket, TeamCity, Artifactory and Control-M or similar technologies
- Good understanding of ITIL processes, in particular a structured approach to continuous improvement of the production environment
- You form strong, honest and mutually respectful relationships with the key client, visiting Client’s office if required
- Fluent English B1+ or higher and good communication skill with technologists and business users at all levels
Nice to have
- B.S/M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent (Strong Computer Science fundamentals)
- Experience with API performance, security
- Experience building scalable systems with cloud infrastructures like AWS/Azure/GCP cloud platform
- Familiar with micro services framework principles
- Unique opportunity to work for challenging projects in a multinational team
- An extremely international working approach; expect to work with clients, trainers, managers from locations all over in Asia, Europe and the US
- No typical day: you will have the opportunity to be involved in tech talks, training, prototyping, design as well as software development
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- 10 days paid sick leave
- 19 days paid vacation
- 13th month salary as standard
- Regular assessments and salary reviews
- Free English classes and unlimited self-service trainings
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Friendly team and creative atmosphere
- Flexible working schedule
- Corporate and social events