Scala Developer DescriptionJob #: 50176
The remote option applies only to the Candidates who will be working from any location in Poland.
Currently, we are looking for a Scala Developer for our Wroclaw office to make the team even stronger.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Our client is one of the largest investment banks in the world.
The project is greenfield and written fully in Scala.
We use modern technologies, e.g. Scala, Akka stack, Cats, Kafka, Gatling. We are agile.
It's a distributed team between Wroclaw and Zurich. The development team currently consists of 17 persons (Developers, Testers , DevOps and Business Analysts) and is located in Wroclaw.
We're looking for a person who will help us to build a new, strategic and large-scale digital archiving system for our client.
- New feature designing and implementing
- Bug fixing
- Contributing to team meetings
- At least 3 years of experience building backend systems
- At least 1 year of experience working with Scala
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience with TDD and BDD programming styles
- Distributed version control: Git or Mercurial
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Be able to work in multicultural work environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Self-organized and able to quickly learn new technologies and paradigms
Nice to have
- Experience working with Akka stack: akka, akka-streams, akka-http
- Willingness to work with/learn FP libraries like Cats, Monix, Simulacrum, etc
- Experience working with distributed messaging systems such as Kafka, MQE, Rabbitmq, etc
- Experience working with search engine technologies like ElasticSearch or Solr
- Experience working with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, TeamCity
- Experience working with Docker
- Vast opportunities for self-development: online courses and library, experience exchange with colleagues around the world, partial grant of certification
- English language classes
- Polish language classes for Foreigners
- Career development center
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Possibility to relocate for short and long-term projects (ex. to USA or Switzerland)
- Benefit package (private insurance, health care, multisport, lunch tickets, and shopping vouchers, etc.)
- Possibility to be involved in an international project
- Remote work options
- Relocation package for foreign applicants as well as for people relocating within Poland
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted