You are curious, persistent, logical and clever – a true techie at heart. You enjoy living by the code of your craft and developing elegant solutions for complex problems. If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity to join EPAM as a Software Development Engineer (Go language). Scroll down to learn more about the position’s responsibilities and requirements.
We are seeking an experienced Software Development Engineer with a strong expertise in Go language for a full-time opportunity to jump into a new project at the Oil & Gas domain. The role is based in Houston, TX office. Relocation assistance is available.
EPAM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other protected characteristic under law.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- The project is an IoT platform hosted on Google Cloud, which serves a purpose of monitoring and control wells equipment in the field. The solution follows Microservices architecture;
- Go is used as a primary language for services' development, GRPC and protobuf - for communication and Kubernetes, Docker and Jenkins - for deployment;
- The visual interface is web-based and built with Angular, NgRx and D3.js.
What You Have
- Strong background in GO Programming language, paradigms, constructs, and idioms, with 6+ years relevant industry experience in working on public-facing websites and/or microservices based projects
- Google Cloud environment (BigTable, Cloud Datastore, Pub/Sub, gRPC in particular)
- Linux environment, including command line tools and shell scripting
- Linux containers/container management – Kubernetes is a plus
- RESTful APIs
- Microservices architecture
- Continuous delivery
- Other Cloud experience such as AWS or Azure can be considered as well
What We Offer
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (Subsidized)
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Healthcare, Dependent Care, Commuter)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability (Company Provided)
- Life and AD&D Insurance (Company Provided)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Matched 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Legal Plan and Identity Theft Protection
- Accident Insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Pet Insurance